Exclusively for Studio by TCS
Its Spring, that time of the year when dressing up is all about having fun. It involves a lot of colours and floral prints. Be it a striped trouser or a plain duppatta, colours carry a lot of significance.
The biggest craze spring brings with it is that of lawn suits. Lawn is a thin material thats best for wearing in hot weather. Its quite similar to a muslin cloth but only better in quality.
Although lawn is the most comfortable material to wear in scorching heat, we all slightly struggle to keep it looking prim and proper. The most important thing is how a lawn suit is made, precisely the cuts and the designing.
How To Begin
Be it an event or a family gathering, sometimes styling a simple lawn suit can be a challenge. Here are some tips to consider when you buy your favourite lawn suit:
- Choose colours that are bright. Bright colours lift up the mood and look beautiful to the eye.
- Trust your instincts. You don't have to follow the latest fashion trends but its important to go with designs that suit your body shape.
- Bookmark some photos for design inspiration. We cannot guarantee that your tailor will make it exactly the same but its great to give him an idea of what kind of a design you are after. Pinterest is a great platform for bookmarking your favourite designs.
We at Studio by TCS have chosen 5 best design inspirations for you.
Short shirts are in this year and they are personally my favourite. There is so much you can do with a short shirt. The best thing is that you can wear it with different styles of bottoms.
If you are not naturally gifted with long legs, you can always go for a short shirt as it gives an illusion that you are tall. The art of styling is mainly based upon illusions so don't be afraid of trying new things that can help you look just as you want. e.g. dark colours can help you look slimmer whereas light colours can make you look otherwise.
- The first inspiration is this full sleeved, short button down shirt paired up with a set of bell bottoms (trousers). The shirt looks pretty with some ready made lace on the hem-line while the connecting lace on the bell bottoms adds character to a some what plain pair of trouser.
- Our second recommendation is this yet another short shirt but this time with bell sleeves and bell bottoms with buttons. You can always undo the buttons to create a slit for that utter chicness.
- Our third and fourth inspiration are these tulip pants with differently designed shirts. Sky is the limit with your personal preferences but we are loving these two designs here at Studio by TCS.
You can always increase the length of your shirt if you are not comfortable with a short one, there is certainly no method to this madness.
- Our fifth inspiration is this medium shirt with flaired sleeves paired up with straight or cigarette pants.
Feel free to follow your heart and go for very traditional designs. Angrakhas, ghagras and churidaar pyjamas never go out of fashion.
Some Extra Tips:
- Make good use of ready made laces available in market.
- Make sure you dip your lawn clothes in starch after washing them, to keep them as crisp as new.
Shop Our Lawn Range Right HERE
About The Author:
Natasha Kundi is a Top London Beauty & Fashion Blogger. She is the official blogger for Cannes Fashion Festival and a regular contributor at the Award Winning Beauty Blog: ReallyRee.
Twitter & Instagram: @natashaklondon